Love the skin your in!
Powered By Blogger

My Blog List

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vampire Facelift

Seeing that it will be Halloween soon and I recently saw Dr.Oz talk about the new Vampire Facelift, I think it's fitting to discuss this new procedure. This feels like Dr. Frankenstein comes to life to me. This facelift is certainly buzz worthy, however it's not really a facelift. Yeah that's right. It is an injectable filler called Selphyl. Selphyl temporarily plumps up the lines in the face. It uses the patients own blood to fill in the lines in the face.

The patients blood is extracted and the blood platelets are separated from the red blood cells. The platelets are then blended with a proprietary synthetic mixture and injected into your wrinkles and lines in your face. After about 3 to 4 days the wrinkled areas will be smoothed out, lasting from 12 to 18 months. This actually lasts a bit longer than Botox and some of the fillers like Juvaderm. I'm not real sure how I feel about this one just yet. I need to see more people do it. So who's next up for a Vampire Facelift?

Love the skin you're in

Skinchick'-)

No comments:

Post a Comment